Women’s Bible Study
Meets on Wednesday mornings 9:30am-11:00am in the Church Lounge. The group is led by Pastor Dyan Lawlor. No prior knowledge of the Bible is necessary. Great fellowship and opportunity for Christian growth.
Men’s Christian Studies
The theme for the 2015-2016 year is key reformers of the reformation. We meet regularly on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month in the Church Lounge. Led by Deacon Fred Renigar. This year's topics:
- GOD’S OUTLAW – WILLIAM TYNDALE AVOIDING CAPTURE WHILE WORKING TO PROVIDE THE BIBLE IN ENGLISH.
- JOHN WYCLIFFE – RENOWNED 14th CENTURY SCHOLAR CHOSE TO SERVE THE COMMON PEOPLE, TAKING ENORMOUS RISKS TO GIVE THEN SCRIPTURE.
- ZWINGLI&CALVIN – THE 16th CENTURY SWISS REFORMATION CENTRAL LEADERS.
- JOHN HUS – IN RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF GOD’S TRUTH PLANTED THE SEEDS FOR THE REFORMATION. HE WAS CONDEMNED A HERETIC AND BURNED AT THE STAKE, WHERE HE DIED SINGING.
- THE RADICALS – THE ANABAPTIST MOVEMENT AND TWO OF ITS FIRST LEADERS, MICHAEL AND MARGARETHA SATTLER.
- MARTIN LUTHER – THE FORCES AT WORK THAT RESULTED IN HIS HISTORIC REFORMING EFFORTS
UDLC Book Group
Meets on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:30pm in the Church Lounge. The group is led by Donna Johnson. A new book is read each month with group discussion. New members are always welcome. Membership in congregation is not necessary.
From the Japanese meaning "continuously learning" this women's book group meets once a month on Monday nights. We recently read Pastrix: The Cranky, Beautiful Faith of a Sinner and Saint by Nadia Bolz-Weber.