We are blessed to have such active and giving members! We devote our time and our God given talents to ministries that help people here and around the world. We give of ourselves with such joy and passion, whether it be preparing and serving food for Chosen 300, teaching Sunday School, knitting prayer shawls or rebuilding homes with the Appalachian Service Project team! Thanks be to God for giving us the opportunity to be good stewards of all he has given us.
This Year's Stewardship theme is: Live Simply!
"Take hold of the life that really is life." (1 Timothy 6:17-19)
- Simply Giving Enrollment Form
- 2017 Pledge Card
- 2017 Simply Giving Insert
- Envelope Explanation Handout
- Week 1 Insert
- Week 2 Insert
- Week 3 Insert
Beth and Andrew share about their practice of tithing and the blessing it has been for them.
Steve Robinson talks about his journey toward tithing
Suzi Noll shares her passion for supporting the congregations core ministries
Firefighter and Church Member Willie Thorton reflects on fearless giving
Council member Karla Grafton, speaks about the meaning and far reach of 'benevolence' giving, as she and her family were supported by the ELCA in their missionary years in Cairo, Egypt.
Tim shares a heartfelt story of God's generosity in healing his baby son, through his mother's prayer intervention!
Erik House speaks about his giving to the church
What is Stewardship?
We are all called to be stewards! Stewardship is the act of taking care of all that God has given to us. These blessings include: our health, our family, our possessions, our community, our congregation, our faith, our finances and God's creation.
Where Does It Go?
We designate our offering to four different areas:
- Current - This is the church's operating budget that funds our staffing and ministry programs and regular property needs. It's like the church's checking account.
- Benevolence - The money we give to the wider church - the Southeast Pennsylvania Synod, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and, through them, numerous other local and global ministries.
- Social Ministry - Provides support for local ministry for people in need, homeless and hunger ministries.
- Mortgage - Helps to underwrite our larger capital property needs.
It is Joyful to Give!
When we can use our God given blessings to help others in ou
r community and across the world we can feel such joy! One way to let this joy enter our hearts is by giving our time and talents to our church's ministries. We can support our ministries through our offering during worship. Our offering is a way of saying thank you to God for all of the gifts He has given to us!