We are blessed to have such active and giving members! We devote our time and our God given talents to ministries that help people here and around the world. We give of ourselves with such joy and passion, whether it be preparing and serving food for Chosen 300, teaching Sunday School, knitting prayer shawls or rebuilding homes with the Appalachian Service Project team! Thanks be to God for giving us the opportunity to be good stewards of all he has given us.
This Year's Stewardship theme is Thanks Be to God!
- October 20th: For the Fruit of All Creation
- October 27th: For the Faith and Grace that Saves Us
- November 3rd: For the Harvest of the Spirit, for the Good we Inherit
- November 10th: In the World Wide Task of Caring
- November 17th: All that We Have, All that We Are, All that We Hope to Be
What is Stewardship?
We are all called to be stewards! Stewardship is the act of taking care of all that God has given to us. These blessings include: our health, our family, our possessions, our community, our congregation, our faith, our finances and God's creation.
Where Does It Go?
We designate our offering to four different areas:
- Current - This is the church's operating budget that funds our staffing and ministry programs and regular property needs. It's like the church's checking account.
- Benevolence - The money we give to the wider church - the Southeast Pennsylvania Synod, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and, through them, numerous other local and global ministries.
- Social Ministry - Provides support for local ministry for people in need, homeless and hunger ministries.
- Mortgage - Helps to underwrite our larger capital property needs.
It is Joyful to Give!
When we can use our God given blessings to help others in our community and across the world we can feel such joy! One way to let this joy enter our hearts is by giving our time and talents to our church's ministries. We can support our ministries through our offering during worship. Our offering is a way of saying thank you to God for all of the gifts He has given to us!